Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stuffed Tomatoes

Well, no photo for this one!!!! I do apologize but I totally forgot to take a photo.
It was a cool evening and I had been on the road all day. Got to La Med and the owner suggested the special of the day: stuffed tomatoes. Am not a stuffed peppers or stuffed tomatoes person, but took the recommendation. A few minutes later... a plate was placed in front of me: two ruby red tomatoes, which had kept the shape, steaming with goodness. I could smell the tomato, the thyme and the veal ragou. All came together seamlessly. Took the first bite and WOW!!! The flavors simply exploded in my mouth. The stuffing had a bit of rice, just enough. I do not like the totally rice stuffed tomatoes or peppers. These were perfect. Just like the ones we once had at Grandma's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment